Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Apples, Apples, Apples!

The boys and I are having a lot of fun working on learning new things together. In September we learned all about apples. We read apple books, tasted different apples, painted with apples, wrote the letter A over and over again. To top off our awesome week of apple learning we baked an amazing apple cake together! Overall we just had fun. I really hope to make it to the one apple orchard that I have found in the DFW area at some point, although it is an hour and half away and they (as all Texans) had a rough and hot summer. We'll see. But I do think that would be so fun to go and pick apples. We did this a few years ago in Colorado when the boys were littler and it was so fun!

The boys are still receptive to the things I am trying to teach them and when JP says he is "done" we stop. I want to keep it fun!
Here are some pictures of our fun week with apples.

JP matching magnetic letters to flash cards.

Our apple books
 I actually got really brave (for me at least) and bought temperant paint! Then we painted with apples!




Sorting letters by color.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE comments! I try to reply to every comment by using the reply function or replying via email (so please subscribe to the comment thread or check back). Thank you for the comments! Have a blessed day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...